The Hakuba Company COVID-19 Response
Covid-19 Measures and Policy Changes at Mountainside Hakuba, Villa El Cielo & Hachi.
To protect our guests against Covid-19, we have adjusted our operations at Mountainside Hakuba to conform with the Japanese government's "Go To Travel" campaign and "Novel Coronavirus Guidelines for Accommodation Facilities (First Edition)" issued in Japanese by the Japanese Hotel Association.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Measures to Promote Social Distancing and Prevent Infection
- Whenever possible, check-in procedures will now be conducted in guest rooms.
- If desired, guests may check-in and check-out without face-to-face contact with staff. Please notify us in advance for this service. We will provide the room PIN number and other orientation information by e-mail.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the main entrance and in all guest rooms. We ask all guests to use sanitizer on entering the building or a guest room.
- We have implemented social distancing at the reception area, lobby, and in the elevators. Please follow the posted instructions.
- On top of our normal cleaning regimen, all guest rooms are now disinfected with alcohol sanitizer. All tableware in the rooms is washed at high temperature. Communal areas are frequently wiped with sanitizer.
- We have installed acrylic partitions at the front desk to prevent infection from intrapersonal contact.
To our guests
- We expect guests who are resident in Japan and are staying with us as part of the Japan Tourism Agency's "Go To Travel" campaign to follow the campaign rules regarding customer etiquette during this pandemic. Information in English has not been released, but the campaign rules can be seen in Japanese here.
- To minimize face-to-face contact with staff, we request all guests to pay in advance before arrival.
- We now take the temperature and check the ID of all guests. Guests with a fever of 37.5C or higher will be asked to report to the health authorities.
- We ask all guests to wear a facemask. To protect our staff, we reserve the right to withdraw service from guests who refuse to wear one.
- To minimize risks of infection, we will ask guests coming from overseas for providing passport information by secured online system in advance.
- Reception hours may be reduced on certain days.
- Concierge services will mainly be handled by email and telephone.
Staff Health Management
All staff have been instructed to record their body temperature before work and to pay extra attention to personal hygiene. All staff wear facemasks when meeting guests.
Revised Reservation and Cancellation Policies
- We have relaxed our reservation and cancellation policies to cope with Covid-19-related disruptions.
- Reservations can now be made without a deposit.
- For residents in Japan, to confirm the reservation from 1 April to 12 December, the full amount is required 14 days before check in. The reservation from 13 December 2021 to 31 March 2022, the full amount should be settled by 30 days before check in.
- For guests who reside outside Japan are required to settle full payment by 45 days before check in, for all reservations throughout year.
- All reservations can be cancelled with no cancellation fee by the date of each settlement due date.
Revised Cancellation Fees
|Period (for guests reside outside of Japan)||Fee|
|45 to 15 days before arrival||30%|
|14 to 2 days before arrival||50%|
|Day of arrival and day before||100%|
Guests who are unable to travel due to restrictions on country of departure, flight cancellations, or other COVID-19-based disruptions may change their reservation dates without incurring a fee. We invite all guests who are unable to visit us during the coming 2021-22 winter season to change their reservation to the following 2022-23 season. Note that as indicated above, you can cancel your reservation without any fee if cancellation made 45 days or more before scheduled arrival.
The Hakuba Company
April 01, 2021